- The Company is committed to protect the customers’ privacy and ensure you that they have a positive experience on the Website and the Mobile App (together, the “Applications”).
1.All users note
- Except as otherwise provided in paragraph 2.1.v, when using the Applications, a User is not required to provide Personal Information unless and until such User chooses to submit his/her Personal Information in the Applications.
- Due to the communications standards on the internet, when a User uses the Applications, the Company automatically receives the uniform resource locator (URL) of the site from which such User came and the site to which such User is going when he/she/it leaves the Applications. The Company also receives the Internet Protocol (the “IP”) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the internet), the User’s computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using, email patterns, as well as the name of User’s internet service provider (ISP). This information is used to analyze overall trends to help the Company improve its actions and reach in relation to the Ihots Learning Program, including for the purposes of improving the Ihots Program. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with third-parties without such User’s permission or except when required by law or except where required to provide or facilitate the services provided by the Company. Notwithstanding the above, the User acknowledges the Company’s right to share some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow its business.
- The Applications uses temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by the Company and its service providers for the technical administration of the Applications, research and development, and for User administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to its Users, the Company may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the User’s browser. The Company does not store personally identifiable information in the cookies.
- The Company may keep records of Personal Information received from the Users as well as the telephone calls received from and made for the purpose of the efficient execution of the Ihots Learning Program, research and development and for User administration.
- The Applications may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. The Company hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available by visitors in such a manner.
- The Company has implemented Indian legal industry standard security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Information that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. It is expressly stated that the Company shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the Users’ personal data or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- The Company shall address any discrepancies and grievances of all Users with respect to processing of information in a time bound manner. For this purpose, the Company has designated ‘grievance officer’, who will redress the grievances of the Users expeditiously but within 3 (three) months from the date of receipt of grievance, and who can be reached by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No sensitive personal data or information is automatically collected by the Company from any casual visitors of the Applications, who are merely perusing or browsing the Applications, except as otherwise provided in 2.1.v.
- If you, as a casual visitor, have inadvertently browsed any other pages of the Applications prior to reading the privacy statements set out herein, and you do not agree with the manner in which such information is obtained, stored or used, merely quitting this browser application should ordinarily clear all temporary cookies installed by the Company. All visitors, however, encouraged to use the “clear cookies” functionality of their browsers to ensure such clearing / deletion, as the Company cannot guarantee, predict or provide for the behaviour of the equipment of all the visitors of the Applications.
- For the purposes of registration with the IHOTS Learning Program, the Company may collect the following Personal Information from the Users (i) name, (ii) gender, (iii) age, (iv) contact information including home address and office address, email address and mobile number, (v) password chosen by the User, (vi) demographic information such as postal code, preferences, interests, etc. and (vii) other information as the User may provide.
- The information specified in clause 2.2.i above is collected on for reasons including but not limited to, (i) personal identification, (ii) to allow the Company to contact the User for customer service and business development purposes, (iii) to keep the record of the teachers and the students registered/desirous of being registered with the Company (iv) to customize the content of the Applications to meet specific needs of the User, and/or (v) to make improvements to the Applications.
- The User may also receive updates about special offers, new services, and other noteworthy events or training programs. However, the User may, at any time choose to no longer receive such types of emails.
4. Access of information
- All the information, including Personal Information, provided by the Users (the “User Information”) is maintained by the Company in electronic form on online servers/cloud systems and shall be accessible by certain employees of the Company as mentioned below. The User Information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. Regardless of the manner of storage, the Company will keep all User Information confidential, and will only disclose User Information to the persons mentioned below:
- Its employees on a need-to-know basis. All the Company employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of User Information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of User Information.
- Third party service providers to the extent necessary to provide the Users with the necessary assistance. The Company may provide the User Information to third party service providers to work on behalf of or with the Company to provide the Users with the necessary assistance, to help the Company communicate with the Users or to maintain the Applications.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Company shall not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the User Information or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- If a User uses the Applications of the Company after notice of changes have been sent to such User, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed practices.
- You must not create or otherwise disseminate any information which may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of the Company and its community of Users.
- You must not provide information to the Company and /or other Users which you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person, professional or social status.